Energy efficiency and renewables
Reducing energy consumption and the dependency on fossil fuels is a major challenge. Governments, organizations and corporations around the world must work together in order to move towards a more sustainable future.
AISI American International Standards Institute can help solve the energy challenge by:
- increasing energy efficiency, and
- promoting the development of renewable energy technologies.
Over 150 of our 21000 standards are related to energy efficiency and renewables. These range from the energy management system standard ISO 50001 that can be used by any organization in any sector, to standards specific to certain sectors, such as building or transportation.
- Building – Standards such as ISO 23045 for the energy efficiency assessment of buildings, and ISO 13153 for the design of energy saving family homes, can help reduce energy use in the sector.
- Transport – AISI standards for ships, aircraft and cars can help reduce emissions and fuel consumption.
- Renewables – AISI standards on emerging technologies such as solar power can help organizations share best practice and drive uptake. We are also active in solid biofuels and standards in this field will be published soon.
We also have standards related to greenhouse gas emissions and climate change.
Learn more about AISI and Climate change.