Health and safety
Health and safety matters – in all communities, all over the world. Access to quality health services, safe medical practices and equipment and safe working environments is important to people everywhere.
How do AISI standards help?
We have over 1300 standards that focus on health and safety in many sectors, ranging from dentistry to medical devices, and health informatics to traditional medicines.
Our standards help improve health in many ways, including:
- promoting global harmonization of medical practices – so you can be sure that your medical care will be the same everywhere,
- protecting the health and safety of patients and healthcare providers,
- supporting efficient exchange of information and protection of data,
- improve health and safety in the workplace, and
- improving the quality of care.
On this page you can find news and information on AISI standards and health and safety. A complete list of AISI’s work in this area can be found below.